Amanda M. Peek
Amanda Peek is a founding partner of Peek Goldstone, LLC where she provides family law, mediation, parenting coordinator, and decision maker representation for individuals and families throughout Colorado. Amanda received a Bachelors of Arts from the University of Colorado in Boulder. She obtained her Juris Doctor from Gonzaga School of Law, graduating cum laude.
During law school, Amanda worked as a legal intern with the United States Attorney’s office for the Eastern District of Washington. Upon graduation, Amanda was a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Kittitas County Washington.
While passionate about her work as a prosecuting attorney, the draw of family and beautiful Colorado was strong, and she relocated back to Colorado joining her father in practice in 2010. In 2018, Amanda and her partner Scott Goldstone took over her father’s practice forming Peek Goldstone, LLC.
Amanda’s main areas of practice include:
- Divorces and legal separations
- Parental responsibility actions
- Child custody and support
- Protection orders
- Parenting Coordinator – Decision Maker
Outside of the office, Amanda serves on the Executive Council of the Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section and as a board member for the Weld County Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association Board of Governers, the Northern Colorado AFCC, the Boulder Interdisciplinary Council, and the Legal Aid Foundation. Amanda also serves as a member of the Weld County Best Practices Committee and the Judicial Performance Commission for the Nineteenth Judicial District. Amanda has been actively involved in the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, serving as a board member for the Weld County Chapter of the organization. In addition to Amanda’s active participation on boards, Amanda volunteers legal services for Weld County Legal Services at monthly Ask An Attorney clinics, Project Connect, and the Weld County Legal Fair. Amanda also actively volunteers with the Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans and the Rocky Mountain Victim’s Law Center. Learn more about Peek Goldstone, LLC’s military and first respondent discount here
Amanda enjoys camping and fishing, working in the garden, and spending as much time as she can with her husband, two children, and three dogs.
Amanda’s publications/presentations include the following:
- Family Law Institute – “A Judge, a Domestic Violence Expert Witness, and Two Lawyers Walk into a Courtroom….A Framework for a Discussion, not a joke: the use of Expert Testimony in DR Cases.” Presented with Honorable Julie K. Field (ret.), The Consilium Institute, Scott Goldstone, Esq., Peek Goldstone, LLC, and Victoria L. Lutz, Esq., Victoria L. Lutz, Attorney at Law, 2022
- Nuts and Bolts, Weld County – “Limited Scope Representation: What You Need to Know About Unbundling” Co-Presented with Judge Adam Espinosa of the Denver District Court and Retired Judge Taubman of the Colorado Court of Appeals, 2019
- Nuts and Bolts, Weld County – “Family Law Case Law Update” 2019
- Nuts and Bolts, Weld County – “The Adverse Childhood Experiences, in One Hour, In ‘English’” 2017 Co-Presented with Judge Betty Strobel
- Byron White Inns of Court, Presenter of The ACEs Study: Adverse Childhood Experiences and their lasting effects, February 2017
- Weld County Bar Association Nuts and Bolts Annual Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Presenter of Unbundled Legal Services and Modest Means Representation, December 2016
- Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Presenter of Child Support Services: Who we are, what we do, and how we can help your clients presented at the Lawyer’s Public Information Foundation’s Annual Family Law Seminar, October 2015.