For many of us, it is not enjoyable to think about our own mortality. While you may not want to plan that far into the future, death and taxes are both an intricate part of ensuring your estate’s continuation. If you’re in need of an experienced estate lawyer in Greeley, Loveland, or along the Front Range, the experts at Peek Goldstone are here to help you.
Our estate law experts are here to help you every step of the way in finding peace of mind while planning for the unknown. Our landscape is far different from what it was 20 years ago, and 20 years from now, your retirement plan can look much different. As your trust estate lawyers in Colorado, Peek Goldstone is here to offer complete support, creating a personalized plan that works to drive results for your unique goals.
Estate Planning Services
One thing about estate planning is that it certainly is complex. Even industry professionals may find themselves learning something new on a weekly basis. As such, it’s essential to find a team that can adapt with your evolving needs to work within the confines of the law to minimize your tax obligation and ultimately provide more support for those you love.
To give you an idea of how we can help, refer to a few common practices required from our local law firm:
- Drafting and enacting complex wills
- Revocable living trusts
- Advance health care directives
- Succession planning
- Personal and family LLCs
- Transfer tax planning
- Charitable donations and family gifts
- Credit shelters
- Offshore trusts
- Probate support
- Litigation services
- Much more
Do I Need Estate Planning?
While this service is often thought of as reserved for those with vast estates, the truth is that everyone can benefit from a comprehensive estate plan. In fact, those with less wealth can stand to benefit more from estate services, as our team will work with those individuals to be as efficient as possible in making their money go further. Proper estate planning can help to minimize costs and tax liabilities.
This practice is often procrastinated, often put off for years. If you were to die intestate (without a will), the burden of dealing with your estate will fall on your family to take care. Our local lawyers will work hard to deliver amazing results for your estate, minimizing the stress and confusion often associated with the passing of a loved one in relation to their property. If you just had a child, congratulations! Also, remember that it is more important than ever to plan for your little one in case something happens to you and your spouse.
How Does it Protect Me?
Our estate planning attorneys in Greeley are here to prepare for the worst to provide the quality in terms of outcomes for your assets and loved ones. One of the biggest reasons to contact an estate planning attorney is to keep your estate out of the probate courts. This process can be long, costly, and confusing, not to mention very disruptive for your beneficiaries. Proper estate planning helps you to minimize this concern. A full plan can also help to:
- Minimize financial costs – Court fees, tax responsibilities, legal fees, and so on.
- Provide last instructions – In addition to property, you can bestow values and beliefs to accompany your valuables.
- Deliver control. If you have a loved one who stands to inherit a lot of money from your estate, it can prove wise to plan ahead to ensure that they are safe and responsible with their new wealth.
- Structure inheritances – You can designate your beneficiaries, as well as how to care for minor children who are inheriting capital and in need of parental direction.
- Plan for PODs – At the time of your death, life insurance, care insurance, disability income, and many other assets are paid out to designated parties.
- Living wills – An advance healthcare directive can be valuable in the event that you are disabled and unable to state your own wishes
How do I Start Estate Planning?
It’s never too late to start your estate plan, and sooner is always better! Peek Goldstone is proud to provide comprehensive estate services to families across Northern Colorado. We truly believe in preparing for the worst to give our clients the ability to enjoy the benefits that our estate planning services have to offer. Those that already have a plan in place need to continually check to ensure that it is updated and compliant within local law. Our local estate lawyers will work to be your trusted lifelong partners in this endeavor, delivering peace of mind and cost-effective outcomes whenever possible.
While drafting a will or starting a revocable trust is the best step in planning for your future, be sure to reach out to our estate planning attorneys for quality assistance today!