Your Experienced Northern Colorado Family and Criminal Lawyers
We are proud to offer our clients experienced counsel they can trust to fight for them when they need it most. Whether you need representation or advice, we offer dedicated services that include all cases under family law, criminal law, and much more. See our list of practice areas below and contact our legal firm in Greeley today to schedule your consultation.
- Step-Parent Adoption. Adoption laws vary from county to county, making it important to find a local family lawyer that can help to grow your family. Our adoption attorneys can support you through every step of the adoption process.
- Child Support. During a divorce, the process of determining how much financial support a spouse requires to raise a child will greatly affect your daily operations. Our family attorneys can help you navigate this tough time to create a beneficial outcome for all parties.
- Child Custody. Whether you’re in need of moderation or child custody litigation, the Peek Goldstone team can help. We’re here to provide caring, supportive legal services to ensure that your rights and wishes are respected throughout the child custody process.
Abuse and neglect against a child are very prevalent in this country, which is why our family attorneys are here to help. Our child custody lawyers work hard to ensure the safest outcome for your children.
- Divorce. Splitting up with your significant other is never a fun experience, and the process of reorganizing all of your legal and financial relationships can become very complicated. Our divorce attorneys can help to make this process easier.
- Legal Separation. Similar to divorce, in theory, legal separations provide an out for individuals that cannot get a legal divorce. Couples who want to avoid divorce mediation can benefit from this technical separation.
- Domestic Violence. Spousal disturbances can be very emotional in nature, contributing to hot tempers and outbursts of violence. If you are dealing with domestic violence in any capacity, it’s important to reach out to our domestic violence lawyers for assistance right away.
- Restraining Orders. Any victim in Colorado who is in fear of personal harm can seek out a restraining order for their safety. Our family lawyers can help to ensure that all legal avenues are taken to keep your family safe.
- Paternity. In our state, paternity law issues arise when a child’s parents are not married to one another. Our family law experts can help you to navigate the process of paternity.
- Spousal Support. Alimony and spousal maintenance changes in Colorado have changed how divorces are approached by many couples. Our family attorneys have the experience and know-how to provide expert guidance through this complex process.
- Collection of Child Support and/or Maintenance Owed. If you are seeking child support from the parent of your little one, it’s important to find a family law firm that has the resources and professionalism needed to get productive results and fast.
- Invalidity of Marriage (Annulment). Colorado is unique in that the state does not have a court process that is called an “annulment of marriage.” Our family attorneys can help you obtain a declaration of invalidity, which is very similar to a traditional annulment.
- Parental Responsibilities (Custody). When it comes to deciding who has decision-making rights and responsibilities, it’s important to have a professional lawyer that can help you determine what you and your ex-spouse’s parental responsibilities are.
- Post Decree Modifications of Maintenance, Child Support, & Parenting Time. Joint custody includes adults and their changing lives. If your circumstances have changed, our divorce attorneys can assist in modifying your child support plan.
- Enforcement of Court Orders and Contempt. After a judgment has been passed, it is required to follow the court’s orders. If your significant other fails to obey the legal orders prescribed to him or her, you can work with our divorce lawyers to file a contempt citation.
- Registration, Modification, and Enforcement of Out of State Orders. Child support orders across state lines can be very complex for many adults. Our Greeley law firm can assist in registering, modifying, and enforcing your out-of-state custody orders.
- Appeals. If you feel that you did not receive a fair judgment for your case, you can appeal to a higher authority. Peek Goldstone, LLC is here to help you through this process.
- Criminal Mischief, Theft, and Other Property Crimes. Colorado defines “criminal mischief” as the damaging of property or another person. If you are facing property crimes, be sure to reach out to our criminal defense attorneys for assistance.
- Domestic Violence. Offenders with previous cases of domestic violence may be labeled as habitual offenders. Our defense lawyers can help you to level the playing field and receive the best outcome for your case.
- Juvenile Defense. Even if you’re a minor or your child is the one facing charges, the consequences of a juvenile crime can be far-reaching. Reach out to our criminal defense team for quality representation.
- Assault. Based on the degree of your assault charge, you may be charged a gross misdemeanor or a felony. It’s essential to find a criminal defense lawyer to ensure the best outcome for your case.
- Drug-Related Offenses. Colorado’s drug laws are always changing to match the legalization of new substances in the state. If you are facing a drug-related charge, be sure to find quality representation with Peek Goldstone.
- Traffic Offenses. From Class 1 misdemeanors to minor traffic infractions, Colorado drivers can find themselves in hot water when given a ticket for any number of illegal behaviors. Our local lawyers can help you find the best outcome for your traffic offense.
- DUI/DWAI. Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol is no joke here, and citizens facing charges after an arrest can benefit from strong representation and informative support.
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs. The progressive nature of our state’s drug laws has equated to an increase in charges for driving drugged. Oftentimes, the processes for determining impairment are not clearly defined, making it essential for you to find a local law firm for support.
- Minor in Possession. Juveniles who are charged with a minor in possession (MiP) face a myriad of legal challenges. Our law team can help your family navigate through this stressful process.
- Possession of Controlled Substances. Being caught with any amount of controlled drugs (Schedules I-V) can equate to serious legal consequences. Be sure to find professional attorneys to help you through the legal process.
- Challenging the Breath Test, Blood Test, and Field Sobriety Tests. Many drivers are unaware of how many variables go into a successful sobriety test. Our criminal defense attorneys can go through each phase of your arrest to contest areas that suffer from mistakes or wrongdoing.
- Suppressing DUI Evidence. If you are facing a DUI charge, our law firm can help by moving to suppress DUI evidence. This can be done if the blood alcohol content test is faulty, if the officer did not have probable cause to make a traffic stop, and so on.
- DMV Hearings/License Suspension. If your license has been suspended or revoked, it’s important to have a productive hearing in order to get your life back on track. Our DUI lawyers can help you to best prepare for your hearing.
- Protection Orders. If you or your children feel that you are in danger, you can become a “Protected Person” through Colorado’s court system and keep an individual from harassing or intimidating your family.
- Sealing Records. If the right conditions are met, you may be able to seal your arrest and criminal records for a specific incident. While recent changes have made requests for sealing orders more informal before a judge, it can prove very helpful to reach out to our knowledgeable criminal lawyers for assistance.
- Will Preparation. Determining how your estate is handled after your passing is an important part of the wills and probate process, and one that our estate planning attorneys can help with.
- Trusts. Similarly to wills, trusts can be utilized to plan for your estate once you pass away. Unlike wills, trusts take effect as soon as you enact them.
- Probate. Without a will or trust, your estate will go into probate with the state of Colorado. This process can greatly affect the outcome for your loved ones, so be sure to reach out to our estate planning experts for help.
- Eviction. Our state generally allows for 25 days between the date that the lease is violated and the day that the local sheriff arrives to ensure proper evictions take place. If you are dealing with an eviction issue, our property lawyers can provide expert guidance.
- Landlord/Tenant Problems. Property issues can be complex and involve a lot of negativity. Our estate planning attorneys are here to help you if you are facing serious complications with your landlord or tenants.
- HOA Collections. In many communities, failing to pay your HOA fees can ultimately result in foreclosure and eviction. Be sure to hire your local attorneys for help if you are dealing with HOA collection issues.
The Peek Goldstone team is here to serve as your advocate and guide on a wide range of legal issues, ranging from family law to life planning. Be sure to reach out to our Greeley law firm to see how we can help create the best possible outcome for your case.